Research programs empower our patients to play a more active role in their own healthcare. In addition to providing an alternative treatment option, these kinds of studies are vital in developing new medication for serious diseases. Thousands of people are helped each year because they volunteered to take part in a clinical trial, all while contributing to important medical research for the future benefit of others. Access new, cutting edge treatments, and receive world-class next generation health care – at no cost to you. Our research studies focus on Alzheimer’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Migraine, and Parkinson’s disease.
How do Clinical Trials Work?
A clinical trial adheres to a comprehensive plan, or protocol. A protocol is the written description of a clinical trial, which includes the study’s objectives, design and methods as well as relevant scientific background and statistical information.
Comparison groups are used in most clinical trials to compare medical strategies and treatments to see if one group has a better outcome than the other. This is usually conducted in one of two ways:
- One group receives an existing treatment for a condition and the second group receives a new treatment to compare which group has better results
- One group receives a new treatment, and the second group receives a placebo (an inactive product that looks like the test product)
An informed consent document is signed before the trial begins. It outlines your rights, explains what the study involves and contains valuable information for you.
Several appointments take place in a clinical trial – and you must attend all of them. It is a commitment for the volunteer, and we are most grateful.
Your health is constantly monitored and our site offers you 24/7 access to our staff members.
Your privacy is of our utmost concern and we will protect it at all times.
How do I find more Information?
If you are suffering with a neurological disease or disorder, please scroll down to access the clinical research trials we are currently conducting. For more information on how to get in touch with us click here.
If you are suffering with a neurological disease or disorder, we encourage you to look into participating in a Clinical Trial. For detailed information about all of our available studies, please click on the links below to view our registry of Clinical Trials:
- Safety and Efficacy of Piromelatine in Mild Alzheimer's Disease Patients (ReCOGNITION) Read more +
- SUVN-502 With Donepezil and Memantine for the Treatment of Moderate Alzheimer's Disease- Phase 2a Study Read more +
- Addressing Dementia Via Agitation-Centered Evaluation (ADVANCE) Read more +
- Safety and Efficacy Study of ALZT-OP1 in Subjects With Evidence of Early Alzheimer's Disease Read more +
- Pilot Study to Assess the Efficacy & Safety of H.P. Acthar® Gel in Subjects With Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis Read more +
- A Tolerability Study of ALKS 8700 in Subjects With Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS) EVOLVE-MS-2 Read more +